I’ve been sharing time lapses or snippets of my workouts + some mirror selfies in our home gym since we moved in almost a year ago. It’s actually a fourth, spare bedroom & slowly, but surely, I’ve been working to get it together to be a decent space to spend an hour of my many of my days. My husband & I both work out in it, so we have stuff that we both like to use, although I’ll admit that I have much more equipment than he does. I’ve switched up my workout routine lately & have been adding in different workouts (I’ll update my post about it all, soon), which means I’ve also added in some new equipment. I try to link what I can when I post in the LiketoKnow.it app, but have gotten quite a few questions about our at home gym equipment lately. I figured writing a post that you all can reference back to & that I can update as I add more would be the best way to share all the details.
Click to Shop
At Home Gym Equipment
I’m rounding up all of my at home gym equipment for you all to shop. I’m including little descriptions about what everything is & how I use it!
- Gym Flooring: We have this puzzle piece type flooring down in our gym to help with absorbing some of the shock when we’re moving around. It helps protect your floors, makes it quieter, & makes working out better on your joints. You can adjust the flooring to fit your space & use as many pieces or sets as you need.
- Yoga Mats: I like extra thick yoga mats so my tail bone or hip bones don’t get bruised when lying on my back or stomach. I love these. They are from Amazon, are a great price, & hold up well.
- Mirrors: Our exact mirrors are the Hovet mirror from IKEA. We like having two full length mirrors on one wall to make it feel more like a gym. We had one to start, but ended up getting another so it filled up the space & we could see what we were doing on either side of the room. I included another version with multiple color options that is around the same price, but ships via Amazon!
- TRX: Charles was a little hesitant when I ordered this, but he loves it. He was nervous about hanging it, but we used the TRX mount & put it into a ceiling stud & have had no issues. I love using this since we don’t have any cable weight equipment. Ours came with a poster showing a ton of workouts you can do with it, which we have on the back of the door. You can work out every part of your body with this!
- Weight Rack: We had our different dumb bell weights on the floor for awhile, but it felt cluttered, so I bought this weight rack. It helps take up less floor space & it didn’t take too long to put together.
- Dumbbell Weights: I use the five pound or four pound weights most often. We also have an eight pound set & one ten pound weight. Charles uses this adjustable set that goes up to 105 pounds.
- D Shaped Hand Weights: I bought these to use when I am doing cardio with my weights in hand. They make it so much easier to move freely when dancing or jumping around, which I do in some of my follow-along videos. Mine are three pounds.
- Pilates Ball: This is great to use for some small toning exercises. Some of the follow-along videos I’ve been doing use this. It helps focus in on certain areas to help you stabilize & strengthen.
- 1 Pound Bala Bangles: Not only are these the cutest weights you can find, they work. I use these on both my ankles & wrists to turn things up a bit. I shared these previously in my Five Simple Things that Make a Huge Difference post about how I like wearing them on my wrists doing every day activities or when going on a walk. They come in a TON of colors.
- Adjustable Ankle Weights: I love these because the fabric doesn’t get gross & sweaty quickly like others (these) that I’ve used before. I also love that the weight is adjustable, which is great for slowly increasing the difficulty of your workouts. You wouldn’t think a half-a-pound would make a huge difference, but trust me, it can.
- Resistance Bands: Resistance bands are a great way to turn your body weight workouts up a notch. I love these because you can get them in light, medium, heavy, etc. You can use these to do SO many workouts. They are amazing to throw in your bag when you travel, too.
- Aerobic Step: We have two risers under each side of our step which is great to use in place of a bench. I also use the step on its own on the ground to do cardio moves on.
- Sliders: These are amazing to use under your feet when planking or when doing lengthening moves on your legs. This is another great piece of lightweight equipment that you can take with you on the go when you travel.
- Core Cushion: I LOVE this so much. I’ve used this in my workout routine ever since it was first introduced to me. You can use it under your back when doing ab work to help you get the long, lean abs & the ever-so-desired ab crack. You can also put it under one foot & lift up to do leg/booty raises to target the back of your leg where the thigh & booty meet. I have to air it up about once a week, but it just takes a few seconds.
- Jump Rope: A jump rope is great to have on hand for cardio. We have to be careful not to get it too close to the fan in this room, but on pretty days we can take it outside to use. Jump rope is such a great way to get in more cardio!
A few other things I use in our home gym are Air Pods + my Air Pods case. I also always have some of these hair ties on hand. Also, this is the Typography art print we have framed in our gym. I feel like I need to add some plants or something in here still to make it even more enjoyable!
I’ll add to this as I get more equipment & will be sure to update or write a new blog post about my workout routine, soon. I’ve noticed that adding in different workouts instead of doing the same thing every day has been so good for my mind & body! XO