I’ve been coming up with new smoothie bowls to add in my rotation monthly. They are such an easy way to pack in vitamins and nutrients and when you add in a source of protein (like almond butter) they help keep you full til your next meal. Since Valentine’s Day is this month, I’d thought I’d come up with a new pink one to be festive. To get the vibrant pink color, I added beet juice. I try to make sure each of my smoothies have some sort of vegetable added in and using a little splash of vegetable juice makes it extra easy to get in my nutrients. Beet juice is a really great way to naturally add color to foods. I’ve even seen it used when making healthier red velvet desserts! Beets can help your hair, skin, immune system, and can help lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
To make this beet juice smoothie bowl, you will need: beet juice, coconut/almond milk, a banana, strawberries, almond butter, ice, and your toppings of choice.
- 4 ounces of beet juice
- 4 ounces of almond/coconut milk
- 1 banana (frozen if you don’t like the taste of ice in your smoothies)
- 5 strawberries
- 1.5 Tablespoons of almond butter
- Toppings: cacao nibs, coconut flakes, blackberries
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until smooth. Add more ice as needed to obtain desire consistency.
- Top with additional toppings & enjoy!