A bowl and some toppings can quickly turn a snack sized smoothie into a satisfying meal. I recently had a craving for some carrot cake and wondered if I could make a smoothie to curb the craving. Lucky for me (and now lucky for you), I succeeded. It may not have cream cheese frosting, but this carrot cake smoothie bowl recipe is so delicious. Plus, it’s super easy to make and Whole 30 & Paleo approved.
- 1/2 cup of carrot juice
- 1 large banana
- 2 pitted dates, diced
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 8-10 ice cubes*
- Toppings: banana slices, almond butter, cinnamon, walnuts, shredded coconut, and whatever else you desire.
*# depends on how thick you like your smoothies. If you don’t like ice in your smoothies peel, slice, and freeze your banana ahead of time.
- Put carrot juice, banana, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add additional ice cubes if needed.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!