If you’ve never done a staycation, it’s a great way to escape without having to travel. It allows you to go just down the road from where you live and get away from all the things on your to do list. You can treat it like a vacation where you relax, eat and drink, and explore just like you would on a vacation. Whether you go for a night or two, a staycation is a great and cheaper, alternative to a true vacation but it leaves you feeling just as relaxed as one!
Whether you are doing a staycation or a true vacation to Dallas, this guide will give you great ideas that are convenient to the Hotel Crescent Court,which is where we stayed for our Dallas staycation.
HOTEL CRESCENT COURT
The Crescent Court Hotel is known as ‘The Pride of Dallas’ and is a perfect mix of classic elegance with a little bit of contemporary glam. The Crescent recently underwent over $30 million in renovations and it is more stunning than ever. Dallas oil heiress Caroline Rose Hunt– one of the richest women in America dreamt up the beautiful hotel from several discarded blocks of old car lots and warehouses with hopes of a renaissance in Uptown Dallas. The development spurred economic growth and changed the very face of Dallas. the late Ms. Hunt recently passed away, although she spent many years living at Hotel Crescent Court.
Hotel Crescent Court was inspired by the Royal Crescent in Bath, France, which is obvious in its Neo-French classical design and hard-to-achieve, perfect crescent-shaped contour. The Crescent broke records in how much Limestone was used in its construction and has more than 10 different types of marble from Italy and Spain. It is also believed to possess the world’s largest assemblage of cast aluminum from the ornate décor and cascading trellises that make up its exterior.
The Crescent has over 220 rooms and suites, some of which are two story and have beautiful marble staircases. I actually got to go in one of the penthouse suites during an event with Victoria’s Secret a few months ago and it is absolutely stunning. It has several bedrooms, a dining room, and a gorgeous sitting area with a fireplace and view of Dallas that is to die for. It would be the perfect place for a bachelorette or bridal party.
WHERE TO EAT
There are so many restaurants in or around The Crescent that are so easy to walk to. Below are all the ones that are basically a part of The Crescent making them perfect choices if you’re wanting a true staycation weekend or if you’re staying a little longer and just want places that are really convenient.
- The Conservatory: open for lunch and brunch, this glass enclosed courtyard space makes for a perfect space for a meal during your stay at The Crescent.
- Acension Coffee: delicious coffee and easy bites + they have wine. It’s cute and cozy inside and has a great laid back vibe. The perfect spot for breakfast or brunch!
- Nobu: the ultimate sushi splurge restaurant. This is located in the hotel and is a great spot for a nice dinner out.
- Sixty Vines: great for brunch or dinner, this Italian spot is such a fun vibe and has great food. They have a mimosa bar for brunch or tons of wines on tap, too.
- Shake Shack: because french fries, duh. This NYC staple made it’s way to Dallas and is just as delicious as the original. I love it because it has tons of great outdoor space, too.
- East Hampton: delicious sandwich chain that was started here in Dallas by someone I actually know. They have a delicious lobster roll and tons of other delicious sandwiches and salads. My husband and I used to eat at the location by our last apartment all the time! Perfect for a casual lunch.
- Capital Grill: this classic restaurant has more than just good steak on the menu. They have tons of American classics and the atmosphere is nice, but lively. Another great option for a nice dinner on The Crescent property.
- Ocean Prime: great Seafood in an upscale setting. They have several locations throughout the US.
- Water Grill: Just a short walk from The Crescent, this restaurant is a perfect place to get your seafood fix in the city. It has a fun vibe and everything is delicious!
WHERE TO DRINK
- Beau Nash: Located in the lobby of The Crescent, this champagne bar and cocktail lounge is perfect for an afternoon or pre-dinner cocktail. We hung out here before going to dinner during our stay! They have some really cool craft cocktails on the menu that you must try– including a smoky Old Fashioned.
- The Tipsy Alchemist: Just across the street from The Crescent is the Tipsy Alchemist, which is a really cool craft cocktail bar. They are open late and have a fun vibe with a live DJ. They have tables or a patio, too.
- Moxie’s: Located in The Crescent, this fun Canadian Bar is a great spot for watching any sort of sports games, grabbing an after-work or pre-dinner cocktail, or even for late night drinks.
WHAT TO DO
- Spa Day: We enjoyed the beautiful spa together on Sunday morning. We got a couples massage, but they also have almost any other spa treatment you can imagine. It’s so nice and convenient just to walk downstairs to enjoy your spa time.
- Pool Time: If the weather allows, The Crescent has an amazing pool on the second level that is great for relaxing at during the day.
- Get in a Workout: The hotel has a great gym on site, or you can walk to any of the awesome fitness studios nearby to get in a workout during your time there. We skipped out on the gym during our time and had a more indulgent weekend.
- Shopping: Stanley Korshak is attached to the hotel and has an amazing selection of brands for men and women. You’re also just a short Uber ride away from West Village or Victory Park where there are tons of cute shops!
- Go to the Arts District: You are just a short ride away from the Dallas Arts District, which is the Nation’s largest arts district and has a ton of art museums, galleries, and more.
- Visit Klyde Warren: This gorgeous park is just down the road and is so fun to go walk around. They have various fitness classes that happen there or they have tons of food trucks that line up during the day.
I hope this list helps you plan the perfect weekend at The Crescent whether you are doing a staycation or a vacation to Dallas! I am working on my restaurant guide for the whole city, so stay tuned. Thank you so much to Hotel Crescent Court for hosting my husband and I for our staycation. As always, all opinions are my own.
Photos by Vanessa Christina Photography