I love when peaches come back in season. I instantly want to make a peach cobbler and top it off with ice cream. Since peach season comes at the same time as swimsuit season, I decided it would be in my best interest to find another way to enjoy these little beauties. Don’t think I won’t still be making a cobbler, but for a daily way to get my peach fix I’ll be enjoying this peach cobbler smoothie.
As I’ve posted before, I love smoothies and smoothie bowls. I especially love them as it heats up outside. It’s so refreshing to have a cold, filling snack or meal in the form of a smoothie. I was on a carrot then beet kick, but now I’m on to my peaches. (I’ll shamelessly admit that I can’t write about peaches without wanting to sing Peaches N Cream. And if you don’t know what I’m talking about then I can’t even.)
There are quite a few varieties you can do with this smoothie– add protein powder, use your choice of milk, add a banana, use fresh or frozen peaches, throw in some flax seed, drink it, or throw it in a bowl and top it with more deliciousness. It’s up to you! But, I’ll give you my current favorite as a starting point for your peach fix.
- 2 cups of peaches, frozen
- 1 cup of almond milk (or whatever kind you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of gluten free old-fashioned oats*
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 2 dates, pitted
*To make Whole 30 approved, leave out the oats
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth & desired thickness.
- Enjoy! (& make sure to balance it out by eating a peach cobbler, soooon.)