Bananas + cinnamon + eggs = pancakes? Yup. That is what I’m telling you. Three ingredient pancakes. Okay, I guess there are technically five+ ingredients because you need coconut oil and either almond butter or maple syrup. But regardless, these are simple, delicious, and much healthier than traditional pancakes.
You will need: a banana, eggs, cinnamon, and coconut oil. You will also need your choices of: blueberries, nuts, chocolate chips or your other favorite pancake add ins.
Start by melting a tablespoon of coconut oil in a small pan over medium heat. Next, mash your banana in a bowl. You can use either a fork or hand held electric beaters. Then, crack your eggs into the bowl, add cinnamon, and mix. When your oil is melted and hot, pour the mixture into the pan. Then, add your toppings. I used blueberries, but also love using dairy free chocolate chips, or sliced bananas with nuts. While the first side is cooking, use a rubber spatula around the edge of the pan to ensure it does not stick to the sides. After 2-3 minutes or when the bottom is brown, it’s time to flip. Flipping these can be a little tricky, but the easiest way I’ve found is to flip from a smaller pan into a bigger one. I melt coconut oil in a larger pan while the first side is cooking, then flip my smaller skillet over into the larger pan. This helps it stay together easier. When the second side is almost finished cooking, I melt almond butter on top. After 2-3 more minutes on the other side it should be golden brown and ready to devour.
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil (or coconut oil spray)
- Melt coconut oil in a small skillet over medium heat
- Mash a banana, then add in two cracked eggs, and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into pan, add toppings (blueberries, dairy free chocolate chips, banana slices, nuts, etc.), and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- While the first side is cooking, melt coconut oil in a larger skillet. When the first side is done, flip the pancake into the larger skillet to cook the other side.
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes on the second side.
- Serve with melted almond butter or maple syrup.