CLICK BELOW TO SHOP THE LOOK
I have gotten so many DMs and questions about what to eat for snacks while on the Whole 30, that I thought it might be best to put all my ideas into a blog post. This way, I’m not answering the same questions so many times AND you all have it as easy access whenever you need to look back or share with others. My husband even requested I give him more snack ideas! I think as a Whole 30 veteran I’ve found myself in tons of different situations where I need snacks or food on the go so I have quite a few ideas.
SNACKS ON THE WHOLE 30
From what I’ve read, it’s best to eat enough during meals that you don’t need to snack. However, hunger happens and no one is fun when they are hangry, so being prepared is key to success on the Whole 30. I may want a handful of something before cooking dinner or a quick bite of something between meetings, so these are all of my go to snacks. Often times, having a few bites of leftovers from another meal is one of my go to snacks while on the Whole 30.
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out my Whole 30 essentials post where I talk all about my go to kitchen staples on the Whole 30. Some of those will reappear here.
WHOLE 30 SNACK IDEAS
- Apples with almond butter: This might be one of my all time favorite snacks- Whole 30 or not. I use this almond butter and love granny smith apples.
- Lara Bars: pay close attention to the labels to see which ones are approved! There are a ton of options. I personally love the little ones for snacks.
- RX Bars: tons of Whole 30 approved options. I almost always have one of these in my bag or purse and eat them for snacks all the time whether I’m on the Whole 30 or not.
- Thunderbird bars: the fruit and nut flavors are generally Whole 30 approved. This Texas-based companies makes delicious bars!
- That’s It bars: There are so many good flavors that are approved. I love grabbing a variety pack to have a lot of different options.
- Nuts: cashews, almonds, walnuts, & pecans are my favorite.
- Ants on a log AKA celery, almond butter, & raisins: A childhood favorite, but its crunchy and delicious! I use this almond butter.
- Monkey salad AKA bananas, almond butter, & shaved coconut: This is such an easy, savory snack.
- Carrots and/or celery with ranch: This Whole 30 approved ranch is my favorite and they make it in on-the-go packets so you can easily use them for salad or snacks when you’re out and about!
- Carrots and/or celery with guacamole: I love buying these individual guacamole cups to have on hand so it doesn’t turn brown faster than I can eat it and so it’s easy to take on the go with me.
- Juices: Juices may not be the most filling snack, but I love them. I opt for juices that have more veggies in them so they aren’t too overloaded with sugar from fruit.
- Raisins: I have always loved raisins and think they make such a good snack or addition to your lunch. This brand is my personal favorite.
- Dates with almond butter: Grabbing a pitted date and putting a little almond butter (this one is my favorite) on it is such an easy, savory snack.
- Shisito peppers: I love roasted shisito peppers and this recipe is one of my favorites. Some of these are hotter than others, but I love them regardless.
- Mango with chili lime seasoning: Such a good combo! This chili lime seasoning is my favorite Whole 30 approved option. It’s good on so many different fruits!
- Watermelon & arugula with chili lime seasoning: Watermelon and arugula is one of my favorite combos. The chili lime seasoning on it makes it even more delicious!
- Hardboiled eggs- I always use this guide to ensure mine turn out perfectly. It’s great to keep these on hand during the Whole 30 to eat as a snack, have a few for breakfast, or use in salads.
- Tuna Salad- I have a recipe for the best tuna salad that I love having on hand. I’ll put a small portion in a container to bring to work or have as a snack with carrots, celery, or cucumber slices.
- Sweet Potato Toast- I have a recipe for sweet potato toast and lots of different ideas for toppings to put on them. Having one or two of these would be a great snack, but I love them as a breakfast option, too.
- Applesauce- Make sure you find an unsweetened brand! I like buying these on the go pouches (even if they are meant for kids) because they are so easy to keep on hand.
- Smoothies- I have a chocolate smoothie recipe and green smoothie recipe that are two of my favorites I pick some up from a few different places around town who let me modify them to make them compliant. Smoothies are so filling for me that I like them for a light meal, but sometimes I’ll make one at home and split it with my husband as a snack if needed.
JUICE RUN LOOK
I feel like the most about and about I do during the January Whole 30 is going to pick up coffee (to use with my Nutpods), grabbing a juice or smoothie, or going to Whole Foods. haha This little matching sweat set is the perfect look for running around town. I love cute sweatpants with matching tops and coordinating pajamas so i feel more put together! I also love running around in athleisure or activewear. Be sure to check out my Winter Activewear Guide for all my top picks for cute winter athleisure clothing and accessories.
These sneakers are one of my favorite pairs because I feel like the snake print and high top style makes them a little more edgy and somehow, nicer looking. This is a look i can wear out for a quick juice or grocery run, traveling, or just lounging around the house.
CLICK BELOW TO SHOP THE LOOK
I hope this helps you all when planning your snacks for your Whole 30! If I missed any of your favorites, please reach out or comment below so I can add them to the list. Even if you aren’t doing a Whole 30, these are great, healthy snack ideas to have on hand. XO