I get a lot of questions about what do you do when you’re on a Whole 30? Besides grocery shopping, meal prepping, & cooking that is. I’ve had ‘friends’ say before, ‘Call me when the Whole 30 is over.’ Like, really? There’s NOTHING we can do that doesn’t require drinking together? Even cooking or going out to eat together, even if it would be Whole 30 approved? It’s a whole different issue if you have friends you can ONLY hang out with when drinking, but it can be nice to have some fun ideas on hand for when you want to spend time with your friends, but you don’t want to be in a situation out & about that may tempt you to drink when you don’t want to for whatever reason. Today, I’m sharing 30 things to do without alcohol to help give you some ideas!
30 THINGS TO DO WITHOUT ALCOHOL
Below is my roundup of 30 things to do without alcohol. My personal favorite is to go for a walk or book a workout with a girlfriend. With my husband, we love to cook & do things around the house. It’s also so fun to venture out & try other things though. If you are a frequent drinker, I think it’s such a nice challenge for yourself to do things that you often associate with drinking during & doing them sober.
- Read a Book. Do it alone, go through one with your significant other, or start a book club.
- Workout. Take a new class or schedule a fitness date with a friend.
- Take an Art class. There are a ton of classes that involve wine, but a ton that don’t. You could also go to a paint-your-own pottery place & go at your own pace.
- Go to a Movie.
- Make a Vision Board.
- Cook a new recipe or try a cooking class.
- Take your dog for a walk or go volunteer at an animal shelter (& possible adopt one if you don’t have one!)
- Have a spa day.
- Organize a space (or two or three) in your home.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Go to a record store & buy a new record to listen to.
- Play a board game.
- Go to a museum in your own city.
- Take photos around town.
- Play an old favorite video game (Mario Kart any one?) or find a new favorite at an arcade.
- Go to the planetarium or lay a blanket out & watch the stars.
- Go bowling.
- Go shopping. Walk around an outdoor shopping center or the mall.
- Go to yoga or a meditation class.
- Play golf or mini golf.
- Garden or plant some flowers. Go to a locally owned plant shop & buy a new plant baby.
- Make a new music playlist.
- Go for a drive & listen to above said playlist.
- Color. There are a ton of adult coloring books & it’s said to help reduce stress.
- Write. Write in a journal, write a letter or thank you note to a friend or family member, or even write a blog post.
- Get a cup of coffee.
- Go to a local bookstore & pick out a new book. Then read it.
- See a comedy show or play.
- Play laser tag or go paint balling.
- Take up a new craft. Consider making bracelets, your own essential oil mixes, or even make a new wreath.
CLICK TO SHOP
Really, you can do anything without alcohol. Well, except for a wine, beer, or alcohol tasting I suppose! Ha Whether you’re looking for things to do on your own, with a friend or group of friends, or with your significant other, there are a ton of ideas for things you can do sober. I hope you found my 30 things to do without alcohol list helpful! If you have other ideas, I’d love to hear. Whether you’re detoxing for a weekend, doing a dry January, a Whole 30 throughout the year, or just trying to reprioritize, hopefully there is something that inspires you! XO