Hash is one of those foods that has endless variations. I have several favorites from restaurants that are all so different from one another. Even when I make my own, I have a few different ways I do it. This one I make is a breakfast hash with sausage, sweet potatoes, and a few veggies. Then, I top it with a fried egg, avocado, and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (duh). This is a totally ‘man friendly’ meal. Plus, I made it Whole 30 approved. The hash itself keeps well and is easy to reheat for breakfast through the week.
Find the recipe below.
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 Teaspoons of paprika
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 egg per serving, fried
- 1/4 avocado per serving, sliced
- Parsley, for garnish
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Add potatoes to a large sauce pan of salted boiling water and simmer until tender. Then drain and dry with paper towels.
- Add sausage to a large skillet with bell peppers, onions, seasonings, and 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil.
- When the peppers and onions are soft and the sausage is almost fully cooked add the cooked sweet potatoes and additional Tablespoon of coconut oil. Increase the heat to high and cook, without stirring, until the potatoes are golden and crisp, about 2 more minutes.
- Serve sweet potato hash with a fried egg, parsley, avocado, and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.
Now…it’s time for a fabulous giveaway!
I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win:
$600 in PayPal Cash!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter.
You’ll receive one entry per completion.
This giveaway is open internationally and runs until 9/15.
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!