SHOP THE LOOK
A few months ago I set up the most amazing day date opportunity for my husband, Charles, and I. I thought it would be a fun surprise for him to get to do something that most guys only dream of getting to do. Today, I’m sharing more about our experience and more details about a fun day date idea.
DAY DATE IDEA
Do you have a dream car? Not just what you want to buy next, but one that is such a far out there dream that most likely, that is what it will stay. For me, I have always thought that luxury cars like Lamborghini and Ferrari were so beautiful and cool. I can’t imagine that I’ll ever own one, or that even if I could afford one that I would choose that over a second home, haha but I do think they are incredible. When I found out that both me and my husband could have the opportunity to drive these amazing cars, I thought it would make such a fun day date idea and immediately jumped at the opportunity.
Xtreme Xperience is the company that made this amazing opportunity possible for us! They take luxury supercars and make it possible for every day people to drive them on a race track. Xtreme Xperience travels around the nation to different cities for several days (typically on weekends) at a time with their luxury car fleet. Then, you can sign up for a spot to drive one, or several, of their cars! They also have one full-time location in New Orleans that is open five days a week.
I drove a Lamborghini Huracán and Charles drove a Ferrari 488 GTB. When we got to the track, we checked in and went out to look at some of the cars. Then, we went in to watch a 25 minute safety video. Afterwards, we rode in the lead car with a professional driver to get a sense of the track and a visual of what the cones meant. It was so helpful to ride around with a pro because they obviously can drive much faster than we ever could. Afterwards we got into our cars and did our few laps around the track. My coach or professional driver in the car with me was so nice, patient, and helpful! My husband’s was the same. After we both drove, we had the opportunity to take some photos with the cars and hang out watching other people drive as long as we wanted. We were there for about an hour and a half total and had SO much fun.
- Prices start at $238 depending on what you drive, how many cars, etc.
- You can participate if you are 18+ years of age and have a valid drivers license.
- It doesn’t matter if you can’t drive a manual/stick. Their cars are equipped with semi automatic transmissions.
- Most of their cars are for those under 6’3”. There are some luxury cars available for those taller (think NBA players you see driving them), but they are custom made to accommodate their height.
- You wear a helmut while driving.
- A professional driver is in the car with you coaching you as you go.
- You attend a 25 minute safety course prior to driving.
- You have an option of taking a ride in a lead car with a professional driver to get a sense of the track before you drive yourself. This costs an additional fee.
- You need to wear closed toe, flat shoes.
- You can purchase a USB to video record your experience and get a better look at how you drove, how fast you went, etc.
- You can give this as a gift, but some information– like date, time, and type of car desired– may be needed up front to reserve your spot.
We both definitely want to do Xtreme Xperience again when they are in Dallas! We had so much fun and it was such a great experience. I think I’d be more willing to go even faster now that I have the hang of it. I highly recommend this as a fun date day. It makes a great gift for anyone who loves cars or unique experiences, too!
SHOP THE LOOK
Photos by Vanessa Christina Photography
This post was brought to you in collaboration with Xtreme Xperience. Sponsored posts like these help make A Lo Profile possible. As always, all opinions are my own.