I can’t believe we’re going in to a new year already! Some of the days or weeks seem long, but the months & years truly are short. I have been spending some time reflecting on 2019 the past few days while looking ahead & setting intentions for 2020. While looking back on the year, I got to thinking about what some of my best purchases of the year were. I was also curious about the items you all were most excited this year. I’ll be rounding up both in the next few days, starting today with my best purchases of 2019. I’m including a list of FIFTY of my favorite items I bought this year. It was definitely hard to narrow down the list, but I wanted to include items across a variety of categories & make sure they were all items I got this year!
My Best Purchases of 2019
Below are my 50 best purchases of 2019 in no particular order. Each of the item names below are hyperlinked, so if you click on any of them, you’ll be taken straight to that product’s page where you can shop. I’ll also include some widgets of the first half and second half for you all to shop!
- Tartelette 2 In Bloom EyeShadow Palette: I bought this palette when it was on sale earlier this year & I absolutely LOVE it. It is the perfect every day palette that you can build with & take from day to night. I filmed an everyday eyeshadow tutorial video using it to help you get started with it, too.
- Baby Cygnet Ring in Gold: I got this ring after a girls trip to NYC from one of my all time favorite jewelry brands. 75% of my dainty jewelry I wear every day is from this store. The pieces are perfect for layering & are amazing quality. I love this one so much because I got my married last name initial on it & wear it on my pinky. It’s such a fun addition to my ring collection!
- Black High Waisted Skinny Jeans: I have worn this pair of black skinny jeans once or twice a week since I got them. They are the perfect pair of black skinny jeans! They fit TTS. This is the pair that made me fall in love with this jean brand & I’ve come back for a few more pairs since. They are comfortable, flattering, & hold up so well!
- Blurring & Moisturizing Primer: I absolutely love this stuff. You can use it on its own as a tinted moisturizer or use it under your foundation. It makes your face look legit like you have a little ‘filter’ over it– covering imperfections & helping to color correct. You can get 20% off of it & any Tula products with code: ALO20.
- Dry Volume Blast: I swear by this stuff. I always have multiple bottles on hand & keep a travel size bottle in my purse. It is instant volume to your hair to help it from going flat! I love it so darn much.
- High Rise Slim Jeans: I love this pair of jeans so much I actually bought them in two sizes. They are THE perfect pair of straight leg, high rise, mom style jeans in my opinion. They are super flattering & a relaxed fit that I just adore.
- Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Vacuum: You’re officially an adult when you get excited about a vacuum! This one is seriously worth the hype though. I snagged it during Cyber Week sales & have used it every other day since. Getting another dog, especially one with black hair, has made keeping our house clean a challenge, but this helps so much. It comes with so many attachments great for furniture or your car & getting in to small places. The battery life is solid on this, too! Could not recommend this purchase enough.
- Brow Serum: I swear by this stuff. It is serum for your brows & the growth I’ve seen has been amazing. I used it for about a month before I really saw results, but from there on I noticed such a difference! I also love the lash serum by the same company. It helped me so much after I stopped getting lash extensions & now my lashes are longer than ever.
- The Frame TV: Another Cyber Week purchase that I just couldn’t resist. If you haven’t heard of this TV, it is the latest that hangs flat on the wall & looks like a framed photo when you aren’t using it, so it’s not an eye sore in your home. You can swap out the frame colors & the art work. There are so many cool features & it just overall makes your home look so much nicer! I want to upgrade all of our TVs to this kind eventually.
- Hi Rise Skinny Leg Jeans: I love this pair of jeans! This is my other favorite pair of jeans from this year. I love the medium to dark wash on these. They are super high waisted with a skinny leg, which I think makes them super flattering. Especially if you have super short legs & a long torso like me. I actually sized down in these, but I think going with my true size would have made them a little more relaxed & comfortable.
- Leopard Headband: This may sound silly, but this cute leopard headband was a life saver on the many, many mornings I did not have the time or energy to wash my hair. I’ve worn it so many more times than I thought I would already!
- Santal Room Spray: I love this unisex scent. We also have some of the candles around our home. We keep a little bottle of this in the bathroom & in other spots of the house. It’s helped it not smell like dogs so much! These make great gifts for any occasion, too.
- Olaplex: This is magic for your hair in a bottle. I’m new on the train, but now I get the hype. I’ve had a lot of trouble keeping the ends of my hair healthy since I chopped it almost two years ago & after just a few weeks of using this No 3 hair perfector, the shampoo, conditioner, & oil I have noticed a huge difference. If you have dry hair naturally or if it is damaged from heat– this will help bring it back to life.
- Ultra High Waist Black Leggings: I got these halfway through the year & have worn them once a week since. I love how super high waisted they are. Perfect for wearing with bra tops or crop tops when working out. I also love them for travel or lounging around! They fit TTS.
- TLC Baby Facial: I use this stuff once a week religiously. It helps exfoliate your skin & leaves your face feeling so so smooth– like a baby, hence the name. It’s pricy, but a little goes a long way & the bottle lasts me over a year.
- Ingram Six Drawer Dresser: I got this dresser in the light grey color for our guest room. It was one of the first purchases I made when we were decorating our house because I had been eyeing it for months & knew we had to have it. It’s been a VERY popular item with you all this year, too! It goes on sale from time to time, but it’s worth it regardless in my opinion because it’s simply stunning. It comes in a few other options such as bedside tables, vanities, & vertical dressers, too.
- C-Firma Day Serum: I use this serum each morning. I love the way it smells & how it makes your skin feel. Drunk Elephant products are all clean, which is one of the many reasons why I am a huge fan!
- Hyaluronic Eye Patches: I use these regularly when my under eye area needs a little help. If you keep them in the fridge they feel even more amazing on tired eyes!
- Cut Off Denim Shorts: This was my most worn pair of denim shorts this year. I sized down a size in them & recommend doing the same, as they run big. I wore these constantly during the warmer months! They aren’t too short & have the perfect vintage vibe.
- Tarte Lipstick: I actually ordered this in two shades (Salt Lyfe & Colada). I’m a huge fan because the colors are the perfect neutrals & are actually hydrating. They stay on well & are perfect for layering with other shades, too!
- Marshall Speaker: I got this white speak for use with our record player & I love it. It’s a speaker I actually don’t mind seeing out in our living room because it’s chic & has a fun retro vibe. It also comes in black! It’s not just cute, the sound on it is awesome, too.
- Little Gold Hoop Earrings: I got these Kendra Scott earrings in & haven’t taken them out since. They are perfect for layering & even look cute in a second or third ear hole! They come in silver & rose gold, too. This pair is a great price!
- Silk Pillowcase & Eye Mask: I loved this pillow case so much that my husband ended up wanting (& getting) one, too. Silk pillowcases are great so your skin care actually stays on your skin, to help prevent messing up your hair, & for helping you prevent creases on your face when you sleep. Plus, they just feel so luxe & amazing to sleep on.
- Acrylic Console: I ordered this for our house right when we bought it actually. I had loved it for so long & knew the perfect place for it in our house. I love the style of it! It’s great for small spaces because it helps them feel bigger, too.
- Upholstered Bed: I ordered this beautiful bed for our guest room. We got it in a medium gray velvet with brass legs & I love how those colors look together. We got the queen size. It’s so beautiful & is the perfect neutral for any room! It comes in a ton of other color options, too.
Click to shop the first half of my best purchases of 2019
- Bed Sheets: I found these on Amazon & they have the most amazing reviews. They are a steal (like $30 for king size sheets) & are so soft! They come in just about every color you can imagine & hold up so well.
- Gold Choker Necklace: I got this in & wore it every day until I lost it & I am 100% ordering another one. It is perfect for layering, you can adjust the length of it, & it is great quality.
- Faux Leather Puffer Jacket: I had been eyeing the Abercrombie version of this jacket, but it kept going out of stock until finally I found this one. I absolutely love it & think it’s even better than the A&F one for around the same price, if not cheaper. The color on it is stunning & it also comes in black. It fits oversized– I got an XS.
- High Rise Leggings: I absolutely love this pair of workout leggings. They fit so well & are so flattering + are great to move in no matter what activity you’re doing. They come in three colors & have a matching bra top, too. I also love these leggings from FP Movement, which has easily become one of my favorite activewear brands.
- Block Heel Booties: I have lost count at the number of times I have worn these black block heel booties from Sole Society. They are so darn comfortable & go with jus about anything– from dresses, to skirts, & jeans– you can wear them for day or night & at so many occasions. They fit TTS, but size up a half size if you plan to wear thicker socks with them.
- VNeck Tee: I have bought this t-shirt year after year because it’s my favorite. I have it in just about every color they make it in, too. It fits a little oversized, so I usually size down one size.
- Ulani Booties: I have these booties in a few colors, but the light pink leather color I bought this year got so much good use. They appear more neutral blush in person than pink, because y’all know I’m very particular about anything in the ‘pink’ family. haha They are so darn comfortable & match so much! They come in like 10+ colors I think including a leopard print that I also have.
- Ribbed Long Sleeve Tee: If you all ever check my LiketoKnow.it then you have 100% seen this tee shirt a few times per week. I have it in three colors & wear it constantly to layer under jackets in the winter. I got my true size in it!
- Izzie Shearling Boot: Oh my these are the coziest thing. I love the black leather with the faux shearling contrast. The low heel is so comfortable to wear all day & night & they are so warm. The perfect winter boot in my opinion! They come in other colors if black isn’t your thing. I got my true size & they fit great, even with warm socks.
- Vintage Graphic Tee: This Anine Bing T-shirt has been one of my most worn pieces this year. I love to throw it on to run errands, to travel in, & to layer under jackets.
- Transparent Wrap Heel: These are the perfect neutral heel. I got them just before NYFW because I needed a pair that sort of went with everything & these are it. They are comfortable, too! I got my true size in them.
- Grey Wool Coat: I have worn this coat so may times since I got it & this has been one of my best sellers so far this season. It’s the perfect neutral coat & is a great price point for the quality. It fits TTS!
- Lace Trim Cami: I’ve shared this cami so many times because it’s such a closet staple. It comes in several colors (I have it in four now) & fits so well. The quality of it is amazing for the price! It fits TTS. The straps on it are adjustable which make it perfect for being able to wear for work or play!
- Lace Trim Cutout Top: You all went crazy for this top when I shared it a few months ago. I’ve worn it several times since I first shared it both for work & play. It also comes in black & has actually been on sale. It’s a great price for the quality & is a go to top you’ll wear so many times!
- Faux Leather Mini Skirt: I absolutely love this little skirt. It is super flattering in my opinion & is a great Fall & Winter staple piece. You can layer tights under it when it’s colder out & it looks good with seriously any shoe from sneakers, to booties, to heels, to OTK boots. It fits TTS or runs a little big. I got a 0 & it’s a comfortable fit.
- Amazon LBD: I snagged this $20 dress earlier this year & can not count how many times I’ve worn it since. I love to throw it on to layer with for work or I pair it with sneakers for running errands or a casual day. It runs a little big– I’m in a size Small, which is the smallest size it comes in. It comes in 20+ colors, too.
- Cane Arm Chair: We bought this chair for a corner of our master bedroom & I just love it. The contrast between the cane, black, & neutral linen fabric is so pretty. It’s perfect for a little corner or even at a dining table.
- Marant Baseball Cap: This first appeared on My Dream Christmas List & I finally pulled the trigger. I wanted a baseball cap that was cute & I felt was on the chic side to wear around when I travel or am running errands without feeling like a total bum. It also comes in white!
- Lip Sleeping Mask: This stuff is so legit. One of my girlfriends had it in Mexico & I borrowed it & immediately ordered myself some. My husband & I use it constantly! It says it’s a sleeping mask, but I wear it all day. It’s amazing if you’re going to run or walk outside & don’t want your lips to get really chapped.
- Leather Dog Collar: I got both Maddie & Olive these dog collars + matching leashes. I love that you can get their names on them & that they come in a few colors & sizes. I got the taupe color for both & we ordered a medium for Maddie & a large for Olive. This is one of my favorite purchases because it was for our second rescue pup that we got just a little over a month ago.
- Stasher Bags: I bought a bunch of these in the clear color to help cut back on our plastic use & I have loved them. They come in tons of colors & sizes. They are easy to wash by hand or in the dishwasher & are a great way to cut back on using bad plastics!
- Fleece Pullover: This fleece has been my most worn one since I got it. I love the white color with the black contrast. It is so darn cozy & is perfect for winter. It fits TTS & is actually on sale now!
- Tunic Sweater: You guys have seen me post about this sweater so many times now. It’s gone on sale multiple times this year & is a repeated best seller. I have it in three of the 12+ colors it comes in. It fits oversized, so I’d size down one if you can.
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: I’m including these because I bought yet another pair this year so they technically count as a 2019 purchase. I finally got the petite length, which fits me (I’m 5’6″ with super short legs) better. I wear an XS in these, but a Small would work, too. HIGHLY recommend if you don’t already own a pair.
- Vintage Chanel Bag: I bought this bag vintage from What Goes Around Comes Around via Shopbop & love it so much. I saved, & saved, & saved for this bag for so long. I wanted my first Chanel bag to be a classic black one that felt one-of-a-kind & I am so happy with this purchase. I love finding gently used designer bags because you can get some amazing deals on them or find something truly special. I will forever remember this purchase as a huge accomplishment because of all of the hard work that it represents. I hope to have it for the rest of my life & pass it on one day!
Click to shop the second half of my best purchases of 2019
I hope you all loved seeing a roundup of my fifty best purchases this past year. 50 items actually went by so quick! Ha I’ll be sharing what was the most popular with you all in the next few days, too. Today, we are taking it easy as it is a rainy day in Dallas & tomorrow we are off to Nashville for NYE for a few days. I am so excited to have a few days out of town before 2020 starts! If you’re shopping for what to wear on New Years Eve, be sure to check out The Ultimate New Years Eve Guide. Also, if you need ideas on how to style your sequins before/after the big night, check out my post on how to dress down sequins. XO