Let’s start your week off with a little #MotivationMonday. I love the start of a new month, week, or even day to change your mindset. It’s a great time to reset your intention and make better choices. That’s why my ‘Never Miss a Monday‘ mentality works so well. If you start your week out on a positive note making good choices, you’ll be more likely to keep them up through the week. With a wedding in my future, I’m wanting to really get my arms toned up. So, I’ve decided to do an October tricep challenge. I’ll be doing 100 tricep dips each day this month. As a female, I feel like triceps are an area of our bodies that just tend to hold more fat (kinda like those inner thighs, saddlebags, love handles, and lower belly). If I miss a day, then that’s either a few more added on to each day or 100 extra on to the next day. This takes just a few minutes each day and can be done seriously ANYwhere. Do them in sets of 10, 20, 25, 50 even.. just get them done.
Shop my workout look below & keep reading for an explanation of tricep dips.
If you’re unsure of how to do a tricep dip, I’ve outlined it for you below:
- Start with your hands shoulder-width apart on a bench, chair, or even the ground.
- Slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs bent/extended out in front of you. (Whether they are straight or bent will depend on the height of what you’re using and whether or not you want to modify the exercise. Having straight legs tends to be a little more challenging)
- Begin to straighten your arms, but keep a little bend in your elbows so you don’t create tension.
- Slowly bend your elbows while keeping your back close to the bench/chair and lower yourself towards the floor until your elbows are at a 90 degree angle.
- When you reach the end of the movement, press down into the bench/chair and return to the starting position with your elbows straight. This is one rep!
- Keep going until you finish your set. Rest for a few seconds, then finish all of your sets.
We’ll be on our way to more toned arms, soon! A great part about a challenge like this is you can feel your progress over the month in how many reps you can do before needing a break. It’d be awesome to do all 100 by the end of the month– or even 50 without stopping and let 100 be a larger goal. Regardless, I plan to keep an arm challenge like this in my daily routine for the next few months. If you need another arm workout– check out my last one, here.
Now…it’s time for a fabulous giveaway!
I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers
to give THREE WINNERS a chance to win:
a $175 Sephora Gift Card!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter.
You’ll receive one entry per completion.
This giveaway is open internationally and runs until 10/17.
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!