Is there anything better than a sunny pool day with a cocktail in hand? I say not. Summer is not only pool season, it’s also rosé season and popsicle season. I figured I could best enjoy my summer days by combining all of these wonderful things. I’m talking boozy pool-side popsicles, y’all! Because I adore a good rosé I decided to start with that. These rosé popsicles are so easy to make and I can’t wait to keep trying new recipes to make new varieties of boozy pops. I mean, if you want to start your cocktail hour a little early, who is gonna know if your drink is in popsicle form? Plus, it helps you stay cool on those 100+ degree summer days.
To make these, you’ll need some popsicle molds. I snagged mine at Target. Not only are they good for regular or boozy popsicles, but I’m going to use them for some smoothie pops that I’ve been dying to try. Find the recipe for these super easy and refreshing rosé popsicles below.
- Rosé wine
- Elderflower lemonade
- Fresh fruit (I used strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries)
- Edible flowers
- Pour rosé into popsicle molds, filling about 3/4 of the way.
- Add a splash (about 2 ounces) of elderflower lemonade to each mold.
- Add fresh fruit + edible flowers until molds are almost filled.
- Add popsicle stick & lid. Place in freezer for about 5 hours.
- When frozen, remove the lid and the mold & enjoy!
*You can replace elderflower lemonade with any kid of lemonade that you like or a fruit juice of choice. You can also just use rosé! I find my edible flowers at Whole Foods in the herbs section. Not only do they add some nice color to the popsicles, but they give them a fun, fresh flavor, too. Eat your popsicle on it’s own, or put it in a glass of more rosé!
Happy pool-side boozing my friends! What combination should I try next?