We had plans with some friends to watch a preseason Cowboy’s game a few weekends ago when I was in the midst of my Whole 30. We wanted some easy to share food we could snack on during the game & I had a craving for something buffalo. We settled on some Whole 30 okra fries & Whole 30 buffalo cauliflower. Both recipes turned out amazing! I shared the okra fries recipe last week & today I am sharing my air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe. Whether you’re doing a Whole 30 or just want a cleaner version of some good snacks, this is a great recipe to add into your rotation! It’s really easy & so darn good.
CLICK TO SHOP
WHOLE 30 BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
In the past when I had a craving for buffalo cauliflower I would just coat some cauliflower florets in Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (my ride or die for like 10+ years now) & bake them in the oven. While this works, I had been missing the crispy flavor from back in the day when I used to eat buffalo chicken wings before I was trying to be more plant based. I recently jumped on the air fryer bandwagon & thought this would be the perfect time to step up my buffalo cauliflower recipe game.
I researched quite a few air fryers before settling on this one. It had amazing reviews across several sites & I loved how easy it was to work + the size of it. I can’t wait to try more things in it after my Whole 30 is over. If you haven’t snagged an air fryer yet, I highly recommend getting one! It’s so fun & it makes so many veggies & other foods perfectly crisp without making them unhealthy.
Below I’m sharing my easy buffalo cauliflower recipe that you can make in an air fryer! If you don’t have one yet, you can follow this same set up & then bake them in the oven or even cook them in a deep fryer or use a baking sheet to bake them in the oven.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of almond flour
- Cooking spray (I used avocado oil, but olive oil or coconut oil works great, too)
- Tessamae’s ranch
- Celery sticks for serving
- Cut cauliflower into bite size florets
- Crack your eggs & beat them in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, add your almond flower.
- Using a slated spoon, spoon a few cauliflower florets into your egg wash & coat evenly.
- Then, using the spoon dip the cauliflower into the almond flour & coat evenly. Set aside on a plate.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until all cauliflower is coated in the egg & almond flour wash.
- Lightly pray the cauliflower with oil.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees for about three minutes.
- Add all the coated cauliflower into the air fryer & cook for about 12-15 minutes, tossing/flipping a few times throughout. Cook until golden brown & crispy.
- Serve immediately with Tessamae’s ranch & celery.
CLICK TO SHOP
I hope you all love this Whole 30 buffalo cauliflower recipe as much as we did! I’m craving them again right now just typing this out. Be sure to try out the okra fries, too! If you’re doing a Whole 30, I have some other favorite recipes including my Spirulina Smoothie Recipe, Coconut Curry, & Salmon Sashimi Bowls. I also have tips on how to prep for a Whole 30 & 30 things to do without alcohol to help you stay busy when you’re in the midst of your Whole 30! XO