MEDITERRANEAN COD RECIPE
I’m in the midst of another Whole 30 & I’ve been trying to keep things simple in the evenings with protein (I am mostly plant based & stick to fish over meat these days) & non-starchy veggies. When trying to keep things simple, I like to kinda wing things in the kitchen. I find that if I keep the ingredients simply & non-fussy, that it almost always turns out great. This recipe was no exception. We had been eating salmon (like in sashimi bowls or in coconut curry salmon) & wanted to switch it up. I decided I would get some cod & try baking it Mediterranean style. Today, I’m sharing this super easy, Whole 30 approved Mediterranean cod recipe with you all.
CLICK TO SHOP
I combined kalamata olives, fresh basil, capers, lemon, olive oil, artichokes, & tomatoes to make this delicious & healthy fish dish. I ended up using sun dried tomatoes, but you could totally substitute classic San Marzano tomatoes in this dish to change up the flavors a bit. There are quite a few variations of how you serve it, too! If you aren’t doing a Whole 30, there are some great options for things to add to this dish that I’m sharing below. Below is my super easy Mediterranean cod recipe!
- 1.5 pounds of fresh cod
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 small lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup of kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup of artichoke hearts
- 2 Tablespoons of capers
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a baking pan & place the fish on top. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the top of the fish & in the pan. Next, add your lemon juice.
- Then, add your olives, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, & capers.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Add basil & bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve, & enjoy!
We ate ours with green beans, but it would also be so delicious served over salad, zoodles, & with so many other sides or bases! This made enough for us to have 4 good size servings.
If you aren’t doing a Whole 30, it would be so delicious to add some white wine over the top of the fish (about 1/3 cup) before you bake it. Then, add 1/4 cup of feta cheese over the top when you serve it.
If you’re looking for more healthy, delicious Whole 30 approved recipes, be sure to check out my mushroom bolognese, sole piccata, & my chili recipe. I also have a post sharing my favorite Whole 30 snack ideas & how to prep for a Whole 30. XO