Does anyone else get on a food kick & eat the same thing over & over again? I get hooked on a recipe & eat it on repeat until I find a new one I love. I did this with my go to kale salad that I used to eat 3-4 times a week & now still have at least once a week. I love simple recipes full of delicious & good-for-you ingredients! My spirulina smoothie recipe is another one I eat on repeat. Today, I am sharing a pine nut & parmesan salad recipe that you all probably saw me share on stories last week. I had just eyeballed it to share & save to highlights, but I’ve since perfected the measurements so I can share it with you all here on the blog so it’s always easy to reference!
Pine Nut & Parmesan Salad
The pine nut & parmesan salad recipe below will serve four as a side dish or two for big meals on their own. It’s delicious on the side of so many different entrees & you can add seriously any protein to this, too!
I have the ingredients broken down below, but you could adjust the greens to use any combo of kale, spinach, or arugula & it’s fabulous! We’ve used all depending on what we have on hand & it’s so good with any of them.
For the Salad:
- 2 cups of kale, shredded
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 medium avocado, cut into bit size pieces
For the Dressing:
- 2.5 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- Salt + pepper
*Tip: put the olive oil in the measuring spoon first, then do the honey & it will help it come right out!
- Toast pine nuts over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes or until golden-brown. Stir them around as they cook so don’t burn!
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, add the dressing ingredients together & whisk to combine
- Add in the kale & spinach *Tip: massage your kale in your hands for just a few seconds before adding to the bowl. This will help it not be tough!
- Add in the avocado & parmesan cheese.
- Allow the pine nuts to cool for just a few minutes before adding into the salad.
- Toss until all ingredients are combined. Serve & enjoy!
Click to Shop
I hope you guys love this easy, simple pine nut & parmesan salad recipe as much as I do. If you make it, tag me in your stories & I’ll repost it! I love seeing you all make my recipes. Let me know if you all have any requests for new recipes I can share or classics I can try to make healthier! XO
This looks incredible! Thanks for sharing the recipe ❤️✨
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
Comments are closed.